– Hello Indrit! Every our client loves your pastas !! What is your secret?
It’s all about that taste… I like experimenting but on the other hand, I do not change the originality of the receipt. I prefer using and combining spices and fresh herbs that turn any taste into a special one.
– Seems that together with Alfio, you are turning Diplomat Restaurant into one of the most preferred restaurants in the city. Can you briefly describe the philosophy in the kitchen of Diplomat Hotel?
Originality, creativity, and passion for cuisine are the fundamentals of our philosophy. The whole team shares every idea for the sake of creating something special for our clients. In our philosophy, any idea is a good idea.
– What does it take to be a good Chef?
Personally, I believe in two simple things.
First, you need to love and adore what you do.
Secondly, you have to devote much of your time to learn and create because at the end of the day, this is all what counts.
– Hello Alfio! You are the winner of the first competitive cooking show known as Master Chef Albania. That is definitely a very high achievement. What pushed you to become a Chef?
Everything started when I was very young, I think 5 or 6 if I am not wrong, and my parents used to work in two different jobs. I and my sister were constrained to cook for ourselves. On the other hand, in school the only class I was fully immersed into was painting because i really loved it. When I was about to finish the 8th grade, I had a very interesting conversation with the psychologist of our school. I told him that I wanted to become a painter but he argued that I had to choose the culinary school as a form of art that promised also a career. From that day, the rest is history!
– You were grown up and educated in Italy. You also worked there for several years in many well known restaurants. Tell us about the moment when you decided to return in Albania.
I have always dreamt to turn back in Albania and create a value in my country from I have learnt for many years in Italy. In september of 2013, while I was for vacations in Tirana. Masterchef Albania had already started the selection of the candidates that were then part of the competition. All my friends and relatives were pushing me to apply and give it a shot to win this famous TV show. After 9 very intensive months of challenges and strong emotions, I won the competition and decided to stay in Tirana to continue my dream.
– You are a very important team member of our company. Why did you choose Diplomat Restaurant ?
I had a really interesting conversation with Mirjana Kuka, our CEO. She is a very charismatic person, and I noticed that we had many things in common on our first meeting. I chose Diplomat Hotel and Restaurant because of its long history and the very well known reputation in Albania.